Free Beach Yoga
New clients enjoy a free sunrise class at 6:00am on the beach in Newport.
Bring your friends or come solo.
If you love it, donation-based private classes start after your first session.
Beach Vinyasa Flow
Class is on the beach so expect to get a bit sandy. Bring a beach towel if you prefer. Yoga mats not necessary.
This vinyasa class guides you through a continuos flow of poses, matching movement with breath. It is ideal for beginners to advanced yogis.
As with all yoga classes, it begins with a calming and centering introduction, slowly building up to more heated poses, and finishing with a relaxing savasana meditation. It's guaranteed to leave your mind and body in a blissful state.
Benefits of Private Beach Yoga Classes
1. Sound of the waves, sunrise on the beach, optional ocean dip after class - too good.
2. Donation-based so you choose the fee. Pay what you can or shout the teacher a coffee ;)
3. Private classes mean you're getting personal attention to learn the positions. We go at your pace and we can modify positions depending on how each pose feels for your body.
4. The sand is a great prop - Dig in to stabilise on balance poses, avoid tension on the wrists in down dog with angled hand grounding, cushion your knees for table top poses, and build a form-fitting savasana for the best lounge ever.
5. Completely relaxing start to your day.
About the Instructor
Julie Miller - YTT 200
Julie has been practicing yoga for over a decade. After she completed her YTT in 2018, she paired her love for the beach with her love for teaching intimate-sized classes by offering beach yoga sessions to friends and neighbours.
Julie has taught private classes on the beaches of California, in private homes, and most recently, on her favourite home beach, Newport NSW.
Julie has also taken a course and taught aerial yoga. She highly recommends giving that a try if you love a good hammock swing and adventurous fun.
When she's not teaching beach yoga, you can find Julie snorkeling, surfing or painting around the Northern Beaches.
Sunrise classes are held by appointment on weekdays at 6am and finish around 7am.
Classes are held on the sand by Bert Payne Park.
Send a text or drop an email to book your class:
Phone _ 0481 205 747
Email _ email@example.com